Let us help you get started! We know that not everyone is interested in running, that is why we are happy to offer Walk FIT at Fleet Feet Sports.
Walk FIT is an inclusive program that encourages increased activity throughout the day. We help you focus on changing habits with daily support over a 10 week program (Tuesdays at 9am and/or 6 pm and Saturdays at 8 am at Fleet Feet Sports). Strong social connections and gradual increase in fitness will support you as you develop new healthy/walking habits.
Don't be nervous, we are here to walk you through every step of the way.
The benefits of walking regularly include:
- Weight maintenance
- Diabetes control
- Cardiovascular health
- Congnitive improvements
- Decrease in risk of cancer
- Middle aged women walking 1 hour per day maintained their weight over decades
- Studies of senior citizens who walk regularly showed significant improvement in memory skills compared to sedetary eldery people
- Walking also improved their learning ability, concentration, and abstract reasoning
- Stroke risk was cut by 57% in people who walked as little as 20 minutes per day
You can do this!
The cost of the 10 week program is $85 and includes:
- Experienced coaches who will guide and motivate you through each workout
- Organized group walks offered three times a week
- Proven training schedule aimed at completing a 5k (3.1 miles)
- Technical T-shirt and sponsorship by Asics
- Weekly email motivation, communication, and training tips
- Educational clinics and special events
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Sports for the duration of the training group.
- Free yoga and Strength & Stretch classes
Why should you participate in a Walk FIT group?
- Experienced Coaches
- Support of the Fleet Feet staff
- It is going to be a lot of fun!
- You deserve to be healthy!